Bruce A. Sako
- Attended Rainier Beach High School and went on to do undergraduate studies at the University of Washington.
- Married to Kathy and have one daughter, Marcie. Both have practiced Karate with the WKA and Marcie realized a Shodan Black Belt ranking. My daughter and her husband Ray have given us a 2 ½ Y/O grandson, Ray III.
- We currently reside in Federal Way, WA
- Graduated from the University of Washington Dental School and was selected for a US Public Health Service residency for two years. I currently practice Family Dentistry in both the Seattle and Renton areas. I also teach goldwork at the University of Washington Dental School to third and fourth year students.
- Started Shito-Ryu Karate with the WKA under Hanshi Julius Thiry and Sensei Linda Marquardt in 1990. Am currently a Sandan Black Belt training at the Bellevue Dojo under Sensei Junko Arai. I also have a Shodan Black Belt ranking in Kenshin-Ryu Kobudo under Sensei Thomas Burke.
- I was the past Medical Chair for USA Karate and hold the same position with the WSKF.
Besides Karate I enjoy saltwater fishing, shooting pool and playing with my grandson.