Matthew Day has been an instructor with the Washington Karate Association for 25 years. Active within the karate community as an instructor, athlete, and official, his list of accomplishments have covered the scope of athlete, referee and instructor at the highest levels of expertise. An accomplished musician, Sensei Day's enthusiastic approach to Karate-do is much appreciated by his students who share his zeal for life.
- 5th degree black belt, Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu
- Three time USA National kumite champion, -70 kg
- Former United States National Karate Team Member
- International gold medalist, synchronized kata
- Pan American Karate Federation Official
- USA-National Karate-Do Federation Athlete Representative
- Chairman of the International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Organizing Committee